NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS CALLING FOR BIDS
DISTRICT: SAN FRANCISCO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Sheridan Elementary School & Sheridan Roofing Project , PROJECT NO: 11909
DATE/TIME FOR SUBMITTAL BID PROPOSAL MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE:
OF BID PROPOSAL: April 11, 2023, 2:00 P.M. LOCAL TIME
at 135 Van Ness Avenue, First Floor Main Lobby,San Francisco,CA
TIMELY BIDS WILL BE OPENED AT: 2:00 P.M. LOCAL TIME
No in-person attendance allowed at Bid Opening.
To view & listen the bid opening virtually:
1. Click this URL join Zoom
Meeting ID: 867 0955 2580
To list to the audio portion of the bid opening:
1. Dial: +1-669-900-9128
To find your local number:
2. Meeting ID: 867 0955 2580
3. Password 15087115
BID DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE: March 15, 2023
BID AND CONTRACT DOCUMENTS: ARC NORTHERN CALIFORNIA - BID SERVICES
100 HOOPER STREET SUITE #20
San Francisco, California 94107
Tel: 415 537 2235
Fax: 415 348 0684
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the above-named California School District, acting by and through its Board of Education, hereinafter "the District" will receive up to, but not after the above-stated date and time, sealed Bid Proposals for the Contract for the Work of the Project generally described as: Sheridan Elementary School & Sheridan Roofing Project, PROJECT NO: 11909
1. The Project. The Project is generally described as:
General roof replacement project. Demo and replacement of roofing assembly, including
roofing membrane, flashing, deck sheathing, insulation, and substrate board. Demo and
replacement of existing plaster and roof drains. Replacement of damaged ceiling tiles in the auditorium. The project also includes hazardous material abatement at several locations.
The Estimated construction value of the work is $350,000.:
2. Submittal of Bid Proposals. All Bid Proposals shall be submitted on forms furnished by the District. Bid Proposals must conform with, and be responsive to, the Bid and Contract Documents, copies of which may be obtained from the District as set forth above. Only Bid Proposals submitted to the District prior to the date and time set forth above for the public opening and reading of Bid Proposals shall be considered.
3. Bid and Contract Documents. The Bid and Contract Documents are available at the location stated above during standard working hours (8:00AM-4:30PM) for a non-refundable payment of Fifty Dollars ($50) per set. Checks are to be made payable ARC NORTHERN CALIFORNIA. Bidder responsible for all shipping and handling fees. Plans are available for viewing at https://order.e-arc.com/arcEOC/PWELL_Main.asp?mem=23 .
Bid documents will also be made available for viewing at the following plan rooms:
- San Francisco Builders Exchange
- Bay Area Builder Exchange (formerly Alameda Builders Exchange)
- Construction Bidboard, Inc.
- Dodge Data Analytics (formerly McGraw-Hill)
- Construct Connect (formerly Reed Construction Data)
- Peninsula Builder’s Exchange
- SFUSD – Facilities Planwell
4. Documents Accompanying Bid Proposal. Each Bid Proposal shall be accompanied by: (a) the required Bid Bond Security; (b) Subcontractors List; (c) Non-Collusion Declaration; and (d) Statement of Bidders Qualification and all other items as described in the instructions to Bidders. All information or responses of a Bidder in its Bid Proposal and other documents accompanying the Bid Proposal shall be complete, accurate and true; incomplete, inaccurate or untrue responses or information provided therein by a Bidder shall be grounds for the District to reject such Bidder's Bid Proposal for non-responsiveness.
5. Prevailing Wage Rates. Pursuant to sections 1770 et seq. of the California Labor Code, Bidder and all Subcontractors under the Bidder shall pay all workers on all work performed pursuant to the Contract not less than the general prevailing rate of per diem wages and the general prevailing rate for holiday and overtime work as determined by the Director of the State of California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) for the type of work performed and the locality in which the work is to be performed within the boundaries of the District. Copies of the general prevailing rates of per diem wages for each craft, classification, or type of worker needed to execute the Contract, as determined by the DIR are available from the District or on the internet (http://www. dir.ca.gov).
6. Contractor Registration. Bidder shall ensure that it and its Subcontractors comply with the registration and compliance monitoring provisions of Labor Code section 1771.4, including furnishing its CPRs to the Labor Commissioner, and are registered pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5. Bidder and its subcontractors shall comply with Labor Code section 1725.5 to be qualified to bid on, be listed in a bid proposal, subject to the requirements of Section 4104 of the Public Contract Code, or engage in the performance of the Contract.
7. Contractor’s License Classification. In accordance with the provisions of California Public Contract Code § 3300, the District requires that Bidders possess the following classification(s) of California Contractors License at the time that the Bid Proposals are opened: Class B, General Contractor with Asbestos and Lead Certification or Sub-Contractor with Asbestos and Lead Certification performing the work. Any Bidder not so duly and properly licensed shall be subject to all penalties imposed by law.
8. Bid Security. Each Bid Proposal shall be accompanied by Bid Security in an amount not less than ten percent (10%) of the maximum amount of the Bid Proposal, inclusive of any additive Alternate Bid Item(s). Failure of any Bid Proposal to be accompanied by Bid Security in the form and in the amount required shall render such Bid Proposal to be non-responsive and rejected by the District.
9. No Withdrawal of Bid Proposals. Bid Proposals shall not be withdrawn by any Bidder for a period of ninety (90) days after the opening of Bid Proposals. During this time, all Bidders shall guarantee prices quoted in their respective Bid Proposals.
10. Job-Walks. The District will conduct a MANDATORY job walk as set forth herein. There will be two job walks as indicated below. Attendance at one of the job walks is a requirement to bid for General Contractors. All attendees are required to sign-in to be acknowledged to be in attendance and eligible to bid. The job walk schedule will be as follows:
Job Walk No: 1: March 23, 2023, 2:00 P.M.
Job Walk No: 2: March 30, 2023, 2:00 P.M.
Bidders shall meet at Sheridan Elementary School, 431 Capitol Avenue, San Francisco, CA at the date and time for the Job Walk. Bidders shall meet directly in front of the main entrance along Capitol Avenue.
11. Waiver of Irregularities. The District reserves the right to reject any or all Bid Proposals or to waive any irregularities or informalities in any Bid Proposal or in the bidding.
12. DVBE Participation Goal. The District has a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (“DVBE”) Participation Goal Program (“the DVBE Program”) which establishes a three percent (3%) Participation Goal for DVBEs. All Bidders are required by the District, pursuant to the DVBE Program, to submit DVBE Worksheets that confirm two (2) advertisements were published at least 14 days prior to bid opening.
13. Award of Contract. The Contract for the Work, if awarded, will be by action of the District's Board of Education to the responsible Bidder who submitted the lowest priced responsive Total Base Bid Proposal. The District reserves the right to reject any or all Bid Proposals or to waive any irregularities or informalities in any Bid Proposal or in the bidding.
14. Bid Advertisement Dates: March 13, 2023, and March 20, 2023
Contract advertisement is posted on the web at:
15. Plan Holders Lists. Plan Holders lists are available at ARC - Northern California. Contact information for ARC is listed above.
END OF SECTION 00 11 16